Typography // Final Task: Final Compilation & Reflection

29/08/2022–16/10/2022 / Week 1 - Week 14
Hasnol Rafiq bin Hasnol Raduan / 0356767 

Typography / Bachelor of Design (Hons) in Creative Media
Final Task: Final Compilation & Reflection 


INSTRUCTIONS


Task 1: Exercises

Task 2: Typographic Exploration and Communication

Task 3: Type Design and Communication



SUBMISSIONS



Task 1: Exercises
29.08.2022 - 30.09.2022 / Week 01 - Week 05


            Figure - Final Type Expression/JPEG (Week 2, 9th September 2022)



Figure - Final Type Expression/ (Week 2, 9th September 2022)


Figure - Final Animation/GIF (12th September 2022)







Task 2: Typographic Exploration and Communication
26/08/2022–16/10/2022 / Week 6 - Week 8


Figure - Final Task 2: Typographic Exploration and Communication with Grids and Guides - PDF, (Week 6, 5th October 2022)


Figure - Final Task 2: Typographic Exploration and Communication Separated - JPEG, (Week 6, 5th October 2022)


Figure - Final Task 2: Typographic Exploration and Communication - PDF, (Week 6, 5th October 2022)







Task 3: Type Design and Communication
17/10/2022 – 06/11/2022 // Week 8–Week 10


This is Inkdribble ttf.


Figure - Final Task 3 "Inkdribble" - JPEG, Week 10 (5/11/2022)


Figure - Final Task 3 "Inkdribble" - JPEG, Week 10 (5/11/2022)


Figure - Final Task 3 "Inkdribble" - PDF, Week 10 (5/11/2022)


Figure -"Inkdribble" Typo Poster A4 - PDF, Week 10 (5/11/2022)






REFLECTION


Experience

During my time in typography, I encountered several challenges that left me upset and disappointed with my work. But I'm pleased I had the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of typography since I believe it will aid me on my path to graphic design. Finally, making my own typeface and learning to animate was an experience I will never forget. Each project was a lot of fun, but with a steep learning curve due to the complex procedure. Typography has given me discipline in designing a design that adheres to a set of standards and has helped me recognize that I need to enhance my sills in observing a design


Observations

I've learnt that in font design, I must pay attention to every single alteration and minor detail. As I study type design around me, I've seen that each detail of a typeface may have a significant influence on a design. I've also realized that I've been paying more attention to typography in my daily life, and I can see how each design is created. I'd discover myself attempting to observe every single type design I saw.

Findings

I've discovered that typography is far more intricate than I previously imagined. It is not simply typefaces and clever techniques to construct letters, but there are a multitude of rules that go into typography, which was fascinating. There was little creative flexibility in terms of where I could develop illustrative design; instead, I had to adhere to a set of regulations and design within those constraints. Strong observational abilities, particularly an eye for detail, are essential in typography.













Comments

Popular Posts